Promises Made, Promises Kept is a Primary Mission in Wasteland 3. This mission is recommended for 22. Missions are various tasks that players can be obtained throughout the game by some events or various NPCs. Primary Missions are mandatory and focus on the main campaign/story of the game. This Mission can be unlocked after you leave Yuma County after dealing with Liberty Buchanan.
Angela Deth asked us to support her in a coup against the Patriarch. We have to get back to Colorado Springs. In light of Angie's open aggression against the Patriarch, we'll need to enter through Ranger HQ.
- Return to Ranger HQ
- Retake control of Ranger HQ and find a way into Downtown.
- Find the tunnel access point in Downtown.
- Notes, Tips, and other info go here
- The mission starts soon after you leave Yuma County after dealing with Liberty Buchanan. Here, you are contacted by Angela Deth, who is at Downtown Colorado Springs. In the conversation, you’ll get to choose to either help Angela Deth take down the Patriarchy or side with the Patriarchy and pick a fight with her.
- Return to Ranger HQ: After talking to Angela Deth, you must return to Colorado Springs and enter the HQ.
- Upon returning, you’ll find out that there’s a dispute razing in the HQ and to settle it, you must neutralize the protesters.
- Depending on which side you took in the conversation with Angela, you’ll have to fight against your own Rangers that are against your decision. These will include the Ranger that you’ve recruited and others at the HQ as well. A fight is imminent to reinstate your authority.
- Retake control of Ranger HQ: You must fight your way through to the three computer consoles placed at the Armory, Brig and Garage to disable the system alert on each of them.
- At each point, you may or may not have to engage the stationed ranger depending on whether they vouch for your decision or not. Once the three consoles have been disabled, make your way to the War Room and interact with War Room computer to identify yourself as command and disable the system alert.
- Find the tunnel access point in Downtown: The vehicle elevator leading to Downtown is locked and you must make your way to Downtown Colorado Springs and find the terminal in the Patriarch’s Museum to unlock it.
- Once you enter Downtown, you’ll encounter Wastelander Refugees protesting against the Patriarch. This will start a conversation with Mama Cotter.
- Depending upon your popularity with the refugees, you’ll get to use peaceful options to defuse the protest. If you aren’t popular enough, you’ll have to fight your way through.
- Past the protesters, Sheriff Daisy will warm you about Angela Deth ahead. Head into the museum and follow the power cables inside to the floor panel in the southwest corner of the museum. Then goes across the room, and there will be a red button on the wall.
Press the button to lower a locked door in the backroom of the museum. Interact with a computer inside the room. The computer has two skill choices and one normal one. Both skill choices will disable the museum’s alarm, while the third may not.
- Final Fight: Once you leave out the door, the battle is imminent.
- Depending on your decision, you’ll fight Deth out here, or join her to overthrow the Patriarch. A conversation before the battle will let you decide how the thing ends...
- For the battle against Deth, with Hard Ass (10), you’ll be able to convince the Patriarch to arrest Deth and let the others go free.
- Any other option will lead to the battle that’ll end up with Deth and her henchmen dead. With this, the storyline will come to an end.
|Wasteland 3 Primary Missions|